Quote of the day
The GMN College Library has a long and glorious history since its establishment in 1948 with an extraordinary and diverse collection of the different variety. The Library named officially as “JASWANT RAI MEMORIAL LIBRARY” after the name of an illustrious founder Principal Jaswant Rai (1899-1958) on September 12, 2017.
General Rules Regulations
1. There will be no separate Membership card for the library. The ID card of the College will be considered as a Library membership card. One should carry Library Membership card while entering into the library.
2. All the students/teachers entering the Library shall put their bags and other belongings at the property counter.
3. All the readers are advised not to leave their valuables at the Check Point. The library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
4. The library is an academic area. It is always expected to seat in a decent, disciplined and dignified way and maintains good ambiance for reading. Any type of violation like keeping legs on Chairs, Tables, Sofa, making noise, damaging and stealing of library infrastructures / Property, may lead to a disciplinary action.
5. All the users are directed to verify the issued items/checked out items at the security counter by the library staff. Violation of this rule may lead to the disciplinary action.
6. All readers advised to check and carry your belongings like Laptop, personal books etc while leaving the library. The Library will not be responsible for the loss of personal items or left behind by readers in the library
7. No material from the Library should be taken out without proper issue/ recording. Any type of violation may lead to disciplinary action.
8. If any reader found taking the book out from the library without following formal procedure, with intention/ by mistake will be considered as an unauthorized act, s/he will be penalized as per library disciplinary procedure.
9. All the users will present themselves in “Q” for a Check at the 'Check Point' while going out of the library to ensure that they take out only checked out documents from the library.
10. The borrowing facility can be restricted or suspended in case of misbehavior or misuse of the Library facilities/materials
11. Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource.
12. Borrowers, faculty, staff going on the leave with or without salary, deputation, study leave will have to return all borrowed material before leaving the station.
13. On the loss of library Book, the matter has to be reported to the Librarian immediately.
14. On the loss of ID card/ Library membership Card has to be reported to the Librarian immediately.
15. Borrowers are advised not to issue Books to others on their names / Card. The membership card is not transferrable.
16. Reference Documents like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals (Loose & Bound), Theses, Project Reports, Census, Handbooks will not be issued out.
17. All users are requested to keep their mobiles switched off / keep on silent mode in the Library.
18. Conversation and discussion disturb library ambiance. Therefore, all are requested to maintain a dignified silence. If the discussion is necessary, the Group Study rooms should be utilized for the same.
19. Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
20. Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
21. No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library without the prior permission of the Librarian. She/he is required to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned Institution/Organization to which he/she is attached.
22. Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECT, etc.
23. Books removed from the shelves by students, if not required for reference, should be kept on the book trolley or on table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve them yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
24. The Librarian reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time from any user.
25. Feed Back forms are available at the circulation counter.
Latest Titles Added in Library Collection